Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Travel Diary: Sydney

Stellina came to Sydney to visit earlier this week! Even though it's been three years since I moved to Sydney, it's been quite a while since I last toured this city, so going around with her again was a refreshing experience. 

Our first stop: Centennial Park.


After an hour exploring the park, we finally found our way to the Equestrian Centre where the horses were housed. (Travel Tip: definitely remember to check the map for where you're headed before you go or you'll easily find yourself getting lost in the park!)

her selfie stick got so many strangers staring at us! it was hilarious but so fun HAHA

The walk was totally worth it. We didn't expect horse-riding to be so popular so we skipped out on making a booking and missed out our chance for a ride on the horses, but at least we got to have a tour around the stables! The Equestrian Centre houses 5 different stables, so there's bound to be one that suits what you're looking for. Lesson learnt is definitely to remember to make bookings for your horse-riding lesson! The last time I rode a horse was probably 10 years ago, so seeing these horses again was really quite exciting.

Our next stop: Bondi Beach.


I think this reignited my love for beaches. I've been a parks > beaches person for over a year now. But revisiting this beach again made me all happy-chappy. There are plenty of cafes just along the beach, so it's a great place to relax and chill for a couple of hours. Tons of people come here to surf, and the beach is located about a 20-minute bus ride from the city so it's incredibly convenient. I imagine that if I could choose the location of my dream house, I would want one overlooking a beach like that.


Rounded off the night with pancakes!


Good night, Sydney.

Updates on Day 2 will be up soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment