Saturday, September 13, 2014

Weekend in town

I have to admit the city's one of my favourite places to be, just because of the hustle and bustle and the fact that there's things happening around every corner. That's not to say I don't appreciate the quieter areas - I'm a huge fan of vast fields and isolated beaches, but I'm very much a city girl at heart.
After spending so many days in the library, a night in town made me feel that there's really so many interesting people to meet out there. Having put all my focus onto my work recently, I think this is something I've neglected. Being amongst the crowds again really drove that message home.
I love going out. Going to new places, finding new things to do, meeting new faces. Some say it's not really a hobby, but there's not much else I'd enjoy more than the feeling of seeing new happenings and listening to fresh perspectives. 
Come to think of it, it's funny that I'm studying social interactions, when I've barely been engaging in many of late.
Although slightly daunting, I'm looking forward to the freedom of doing whatever I want again after finishing this project :) hopefully, I'll get to meet many new faces before the year ends.

After all, if you say an extra hello, it doesn't hurt. 
Right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment